Every day from monday till friday about 40 kids and teenagers attend the first Day Care Center of Living Hope in Odessa. The Center is open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.. Mostly the young visitors come from excluded families and face a lot of difficulties in everyday life. Our Center gives them the possibility to spend their time in a secure environment and to develop their personality, gifts and interests.
The Center fulfills the following tasks:
- After school the workers of the centre help the kids to do their homework.
- The visitors and workers have lunch together.
- The kids have the possibility to take a shower, to wash their cloths and to get a haircut.
- If needed they also can get second hand cloth.
- In the center there are a lot of games and sportive games, the children can use to spend their free time.
- Different groups according to interests are organized, such as German and English language club, puppet theatre, handicrafts, drawing, and music lessons.
- If necessary the workers of the centre assist in solving problems in school or at home.
- The workers of the center live according to Christian values and they offer lessons on Christian topics for the visitors too.